- Delivers long-lasting high-performance and versatility
- Cuts faster and lasts longer than conventional abrasive grain thanks to 3M™ Precision-Shaped Grain
- Proven to outperform traditional alumina zirconia flap discs
- Individual flaps break down, exposing fresh mineral to deliver consistent cut rate for the life of the disc
- Ideal for use on carbon steel, stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys
- Covers a wide range of applications from weld grinding and beveling to surface prep
3M™ Flap Disc 769F is our long-lasting, high-performance abrasive flap disc featuring 3M™ Precision-Shaped Grain and a durable polyester backing.
For a conformable and versatile flap disc that delivers on performance and durability, use 3M™ Flap Disc 769F. Proven to outperform traditional alumina zirconia flap discs, our discs feature 3M™ Precision-Shaped Grain. This abrasive continually fractures into sharp points slicing cleanly through metal, unlike traditional abrasives which tend to plough through the substrate. This fracturing, together with the breaking down of individual flaps to expose fresh mineral, helps to deliver a high cut-rate which is consistent over the life of the disc. The polyester backing further enhances their durability and this combined with their conformability means they hold up to high-pressure applications like bevelling, weld grinding and edge deburring. Plus, they leave a finish that makes them a great choice for applications like blending and surface prep. In many cases, 3M™ Flap Disc 769F will allow you to grind and finish in one step, without changing abrasives. This is because, under normal conditions, 769F will generate a finish that is one grade finer than a fibre disc of the same grade. While a fibre disc will cut faster, this flap disc can eliminate steps and disc change-outs to help you save time and boost productivity. They’re ideal for use on carbon steel, stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys.
Exclusive Product Offers