What is the Strongest Adhesive?
If you are looking for the strongest adhesive, look no further than Bostik's new range of SAF structural adhesives!
What are structural adhesives?
Structural adhesives are load bearing adhesives that add strength to the part being bonded. They can undergo shock, vibration, chemical exposure, temperature excursions and many any other types of potentially weakening or destructive agents, and still be bonded. Structural adhesives can be used on a range of substrates with little or no pre-treatment, meaning they can be very cost effective. As well as this they can replace traditional fixing methods such as mechanical fixings and welding, improving aesthetics, durability and fatigue.
Benefits of structural adhesives:
- Reduced manufacturing costs
- Offer aesthetic improvements
- Require minimal surface preparation
- Time saving
- Eliminate stress concentration
- Reduces weight of finished product
Introducing Bostik's new range of SAF structural adhesives.
FineCal are excited to be distributing a new range of Bostik adhesives. Founded in 1889, Bostik is a leading global adhesive specialist for industrial, construction and consumer markets. Bostik are all about smart adhesives, supplying products that are adaptive to all types of conditions with functional properties such as waterproofing, insulation, fire retardant or crystal clear.
Bostik's new range of SAF (strong and flexible) structural adhesives are made of patented methacrylate adhesives and show incomparable performance in terms of resistance and flexibility. The SAF range products have been developed to resist the most hostile environments and extreme temperatures. It shows unprecedented results facing weathering and ageing. Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) is a popular choice for structural adhesion, offering excellent environmental resistance and permanent toughness. MMA adhesives are two part component reactive adhesives available in 10 to 1, 4 to 1, and 1 to 1. MMA allows for low to no surface preparation on most substrates and cure at ambient temperature.
While there are many MMA options available on the market today, Bostik have created a range of MMA adhesives that bring incomparable value to the structural adhesives market.
- Bonds to dissimilar substrates such as metals, plastics and composites
- 25 times more flexible than other options available
- Fast and controlled curing
- More durable and better equipped to handle harsh applications
- Able to hold its shape even when applied to vertical surfaces
- Cost effective and reduces waste
- Can withstand extreme weather and temperature ranges
- Non-sag application on vertical surfaces
- Flexibility with high impact resistance even after aging
- Able to fit various application and process requirements
- Usage between -40°C to 150°C while maintaining properties
- Unique resistance to humidity, UV and other aggressive environments
- Time and cost effective
- Signs and displays
- Wind blades
- Solar panels
- Doors and windows
- Transportation: buses, trailers, motorboats, trains