3M General Purpose High Temperature Tape | 3M™ VHB ™ GPH series
The New 3M™ VHB™ GPH series has launched:
The new VHB series launched in October 2016, GPH stands for General Purpose High Temperature Very High Bonding tape. It is currently available in 0.6mm thickness and 1.1mm thickness with 1.6mm launching in November. The generic sizes we stock are 12mm, 19mm and 25mm – however we can slit to different with our own 3M approved slitting machine.
What The New 3M™ VHB™ GPH series of VHB Offers:
- it solves the challenges of temperature resistance and multi material bonding
- it adheres instantly with high initial tack on a broad range of substrates: metal, glass, ABS plastics, rigid PVC, polycarbonate
- application possibilities are almost endless and you can design your projects with total freedom
- the tape combines high temperature resistance and multi material bonding
- its strong bond to metals, combined with a short term temperature resistance of up to 230’C makes it ideal for permanent bonding even in tough high temperature applications like powder coating or liquid painting
- the strong ‘quick stick’ technology creates high initial handling strength
- 3M™ VHB™ GPH series save time, save costs and space as there is no need for curing
- offers virtually invisible fastenings that helps keep surfaces smooth and clean to enhance design and appearance
- applications include: signs, point of sale, appliances, metal fabricated panels-industries suitable include: metalworking, appliance, specialty vehicle, and signage
The Benefits of Using the 3M™ VHB™ GPH series over Other Tape:
- High Temperature Resistance:
- Multi Material Bonding:
- Conformable Foam:
- High Initial Tackness:
the new 3M™ VHB™ GPH series bond better to metals before high temperature powder coated paint process, helping you to increase productivity-the gph family allows the tape to resist high temperatures (230’C short term) making it ideal to go through a powder coating process
designed for multi material bonding - 3M™ VHB™ GPH series can bond to a wide variety of substrates, the acrylic construction provides versatility, bonding to: glass, metals, some plastics, composites, sealed wood
ease of application, the soft foam enables excellent stress relaxation and gap filling-the conformability of the tape allows a more complete bond area when bonding rigid or irregular materials-the product allows for quick liner release, easing the application process
the strong ‘quick stick’ technology creates high initial handling strength-the 3M™ VHB™ GPH series has increased initial tack over the existing vhb-the tapes bond on contact, making it easy to assemble and can be cut to precise shapes and sizes for custom applications
3M™ VHB™ GPH series Applications:
- Panel to Frame:
- Stiffener to Panel:
- Lens Window to Housing:
- Decorative Material Attachment:
solve dynamic forge challenges while reducing weight and producing a clean, sharp look
experience the freedom to create unique designs with exceptional vibration and corrosion resistance
apply a secure seal to dissimilar materials, while enhancing productivity and design innovation
advance your product performance with increased flexibility in production and design
Best Potential Applications for the 3M™ VHB™ GPH series:
- Metal Working:
- Specialty Vehicle:
Elevator doors, partitions, bath accessories.
WHY? Quick stick, high temperature, colour match of grey is close to aluminium
Decorative materials, displays, glass doors, ovens, hoods, refrigerators.
WHY? Quick stick, high temperature
Commercial signage, control and server cabinets, LED bonding, point of sale.
WHY? Quick stick, high temperature (if lighted)
Decorative elements, interior, roof bonding, side mirrors.
WHY? Quick stick, high temperature, multi material bonding (lightweight trend)
For applications in metal working, signage, appliances and specialty vehicle. It has an acrylic foam adhesive, 100% closed-cell. It has a temperature resistance of up to 150°C long term and up to 230°C short term. Call us on 0117 971 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on 3M's new 3M™ VHB™ GPH series.