Use our 3M VHB Tapes Selector Guide to help you find the most suitable product for your application.
3M 4905 VHB tape is a general-purpose adhesive, commonly used in applications to join transparent material or where clear or colourless tape is preferred. It is specifically designed for good adhesion to metal, glass and plastics such as polycarbonate and acrylic.
It is colourless making it ideal for bonding transparent materials or for applications where a coloured bond line is unacceptable.
Joining transparent material
- Mount backlit translucent signs
- Edge-bond resin filled glass
- Metal, glass and high surface energy (HSE) substrates
- Decorative material and trim
Nameplates and logos
- Panel to frame
- Stiffener to panel
Benefits of 3M 4905 VHB Tape:
Transparent, 0.5 mm, general-purpose acrylic adhesive and firm acrylic foam core
- Clear construction allowing joining of transparent material and virtually invisible bond line
- Strong and durable bonds to a wide variety of high to medium surface energy substrates like paints, metals and glass, acryl glass (PMMA), polycarbonate
- Superior outdoor performance, UV and solvent resistance
High ageing resistance
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- High dynamic stress absorption reduces vibration and impact stress
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Clear material is ideal for joining transparent material
Colour: Clear. Tape Thickness: 0.5mm.